- Featured in Hulu Movies marquee
- “Truly Amazing”—The List Magazine
- “artfully shot … captures the diversity and texture of the international graffiti and hip-hop movements”—The Missourian
- TV Broadcast on France Ô, ABC2 Australia. Also in Russia and Baltic regions
- DVD sales by Now/On (Japan) and Guerilla Films (UK)
- Festivals: Edinburgh, Calgary, CPH:Dox, Adelaide, Kansas, Vancouver, etc.
52-minute broadcast documentary directed by Peter Gerard.
The first film to tell the true story of the origins of graffiti and hip-hop features exclusive interviews with New York’s legendary spray-paint pioneers and today’s leading artists from Europe and the US. Youths in neglected neighborhoods revolutionized the subway system by spray-painting colorful signatures that travelled downtown, uptown and ultimately worldwide. Up against cops, the media and the art-world, a global community of elusive artists continues to re-claim their urban environment.
Just to Get a Rep played at dozens of festivals and has been on broadcast television in three continents.
“truly amazing” –The List Magazine
“artfully shot … captures the diversity and texture of the international graffiti and hip-hop movements” –The Missourian
Festival screenings included Edinburgh International Film Festival (Mirrorball), CPH:Dox, Revelation Perth, Documenta Madrid, Kansas Film Festival, End2End Hamburg, Vancouver International Hip Hop Film Festival, Calgary Film Festival, Rhythm of the Line, Graffilm, Adelaide Film Festival, Atlanta Hip Hop Film Festival, L’international du Cinema Hip Hop de Montreal, Change Methods Washington DC, ICA London, Fran Gatan, True/False Film Festival, Cultura Urbana Madrid and more.
Soundtrack by Cousin Cole